Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday to you all! We survived my daughter's sleepover last night. It was very fun and the girls were all actually asleep before 1am. I consider that a success. My only problem is the night was SO much fun she wants to have another one, preferable tomorrow! Ha! I think we need some recovery time first.

I'm sharing a card today that I made for a World Card Making Day challenge at Citrus Tree Studio. It's all about the fancy edges.


I punched the edge from cardstock and added it to the inside of the card. And added some of my beloved baker's twine.


I also entered this card into the Practical Scrappers card contest. And guess what? It made the first round cut!! If you like the card, I would appreciate your vote. Go to this blog post: Practical Scrappers Card Contest and vote for me. All you have to do is leave a comment in the comment section with my name. Thanks so much for your vote!!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Another busy week ahead for us...thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Jodi said...

This is card is amazing Mara!! REALLY, REALLY great!!!

Scrappin' Abz said...

Awesome card! Glad you survived the sleepover! My daughter has been asking to have one for a while now. Good to know they fell asleep :) Voted for your card. Good luck!

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE the card!! Will pop over to the site you linked! YEAH for surviving the sleep over! I LOVE Kayla wanted another one right away! to CUTE!
Have a GREAT day!!

Terri said...

Great card! Love all the different elements especially the butterflies. Glad the sleep over went well.

Sue said...

Glad the sleepover was fun, even for you:)
Good luck with the contest~I voted for you!

Kim said...

OOOOOOOOO i totally adore that twine treatment Mara!

VanessaB said...

what a sweet and adorable card! (i voted!)- good luck with the contest: how fun!!

mustangkayla said...

Aahh...Sleepovers. I have such fond memories of those. In middle school I had 3 good friends and rarely did we have a weekend when we didn't have a sleep over. Looking back now, I'm not sure how my mom did it. lol....CUTE card! I'll head over and vote! :-)

Monique said...

Hi Mara! Little girls and sleepovers I have 3 girls and you did pretty good if you got them to sleep by one lol. What an adorable card just love the twine and super sweet sentiment :)
Btw thank you for all your sweet comments you have been leaving me they keep my mojo going :) big hugs!

Jamilie said...

This was a really cool card! I loved the scalloped edges!

Rebecca Keppel said...

this is gorgeous! you have my vote :)