Monday, September 7, 2009

Crafty Weekend

Hi everyone! Hope you've all enjoyed your Labor Day weekend. We definitely made the most of it. Sunday we spent all day at the beach and it was gorgeous. Just a beautiful day. We spent the day digging, boogie boarding and hiding our wine from the Sheriff's. Hee hee...! Today my husband decided to re-paint our daughter's room. She picked purple and he's been hard at work all day. Me...I decided to get crafty!!

I am going on a scrap retreat this coming weekend and we always play Secret Sisters. We leave gifts for a special person all weekend and then reveal ourselves Saturday night. We've been doing this for 3-4 years now and it's getting harder and harder to come up with creative gifts and keep ourselves a secret! I heard about glass etching on a message board and decided to give it a try. I had to get glass etching cream (Michael's) and contact paper (the Cricut website says to use vinyl, but that was too $$$). I cut out the names of my secret sister's family and etched everybody a personal ice cream bowl. Check it out!!



How cool is that??? It doesn't look perfect, but I think it's quite charming that way. Ha ha! Here's a closeup-


Now this is a gift I can be sure she doesn't have and will be a big surprise. I'm putting together an ice cream sundae basket with bowls, ice cream scooper, sprinkles, toppings...the works! How fun would this be for a neighbor's christmas gift or for somebody in your family???

That's about all! I'm still working on some secret sister gifts and baby shower presents that I hope to share with you all tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

This is an incredible idea! I always love giving gift baskets! Haven't done an ice cream basket in a long while. Hope you have a wonderful time at your retreat. Can't wait to see what you create while you are away. Be sure to take lots and lots of photos so we can share in the fun! :)

Stacy said...

Very neat idea. I'm sure she will love it. That would be a big hit at my house since we all love ice cream!!!

Colleen said...

Those trned out great. Don't you think it is so exciting when you take those letters off and you see what you made.

Colleen said...

Those trned out great. Don't you think it is so exciting when you take those letters off and you see what you made.

Colleen said...

Those trned out great. Don't you think it is so exciting when you take those letters off and you see what you made.

BethieJ said...

I LOVE them Mara!!! They turned out sooooo CUTE!! Your SS is gonna LOVE them! Such a GREAT gift idea!!
Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend!!!

Trina C said...

Love your project Mara! Your site got Kudos today over at Scrapbookers Clubhouse! We miss you! :)

Joni M said...

They are so CUTE, MARA! I'm sure you'll figure out an adorable way to package the whole thing up. Your SS is going to LOVE IT!

Kim, kimmy, kimmie said...

Mara,

What a great idea. They will love it! Sounds like you have had a great summer! Have a great time a your scrap retreat! Can't wait to see what you create. I just got a new laptop, so I have been doing a lot of digi scrappin!
Chow for now!

B said...

Oh these are awesome! :) So cute! Hope you have a great time at your scrap retreat and be sure to share what you get too!