Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Favorites!!

Happy Friday everyone!! I haven't done Friday Favs in a while, but i'm going to get back on track. So here they are...in no particular order...

1. Hershey Kisses!!

hershey Pictures, Images and Photos

I just bought a bag of Pumpkin Spices kisses. I didn't even know they made those! They also have candy corn kisses. I have a new recipe i'm going to try next week with the spice ones...stay tuned for that.

2. Prevention Magazine. I love this magazine. It always has a ton of great recipes and workouts and other 'fun' healthy, exericsey stuff that I love to read about. I'm doing this bootcamp workout that is kicking my butt, but i've lost a few pounds because of it. So yeah! Sometimes I need to do something other than running...especially when I strain my achilles tendon (which is a whole other story).

3. Picky Palate...my NEW favorite recipe site!! This woman comes up with the most amazing recipes and I can't wait to try them ALL!! Check out this one for The Mother Load Layered Cookie Bars. Please see #2 for that bootcamp workout I will need to use more and more if I make those cookie bars!! Hee hee!! Plus, I love her header...who shops in high heels like that????

4. Soccer Season!!! I love watching my kids play soccer. They are really into it this year and they are doing so well. I love seeing them happy and successful!



5. Pen pals!! My scrappy friend Beth had a great idea to have our kids be pen pals. I met Beth online and we had the great opportunity to meet in person this last spring. And while her kids are older than mine, they hit it off immediately. And now they are penpals and it's awesome!!


The girls write each other about girl stuff and the boys write each other about boy stuff, hee hee!! Amanda sent Kayla the CUTEST little goodie box for her birthday. Which included this amazing card AND cute little clay friend!!



It does NOT get any sweeter than that! Thanks Beth and Justin and Amanda for being great friends!!

Okay...i'm off to watch The Office. We finally got the latest season (before the one that just started) on Netflix so we have to catch up!! Thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

mborrero said...

love that glasses picture super fun

namaste
Melina

living, creating, and appreciating
~my blog
Daisy girl for Color Me Daisy

BethieJ said...

AHHH Mara what GREAT friday Favs.. I am so HAPPY the kiddos are enjoying being pen pals.. gotta LOVE mail! :) Amanda was so EXCITED to see her stuff on your blog! (thanks!)
Have a GREAT weekend!! and I HOPE someday we get to meet again.. and CREATE this time! :)

Michelle said...

Oh Mara that Picky Palate blog has some yummy looking goodies on it. TFS!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Yummy kisses, yummy kiddos and yummy cupcakes! Looks like your gearing up for a great weekend!

Gina said...

awwww...that pen pal thing is sooo cute!!!

Lee said...

Hope you have a great weekend. How is the running?

KristenJo said...

Those kisses look yummy!!!! Great pic of the kids :)