Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Crafty with Fabric

On my scrap retreat, we'll be celebrating a new little baby coming into the world soon. I really wanted to make some onesies for my girlfriend and spent alot of time scouring the internet for ideas and ways to customize onesies. And when all was said and done...I had all the materials I needed right here at my fingertips!! Here's what I used...

onesies (obviously!! hee hee)
palette ink (I got mine from papertrey ink)
stamps

And I couldn't believe how easy this was!!



I just stamped on the fabric with palette ink. They are supposed to be permanent forever on fabric, so i'm not worried that these might get alot of washing. The above stamps are from Papertrey Ink, but I used a variety of stamps on the following onesies:




The buttons I added with Fabric Tac and that's supposed to be permanent as well. And this last one I just love. The group of girls I scrap with calls ourselves the Westside Tote Bag Gang. I have no idea how this started but it probably involved a very late night scrapping and some tequila shots. Regardless...whenever we see each other on the street we throw some gang signs at each other and yell WESTSIDE! Can you image how hilarious that must look...soccer moms throwing gang signs at each other in the pickup line? Anyway...my girlfriend is having a girl so she definitely needed a little Westside onesie!


Isn't that stamp cute?? It's by Pink Paislee and I'm so glad I remembered I had it!! Can't wait for the retreat and the baby shower and the look on her face when she sees the Westside onsesie. I'll have my camera ready for sure!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

14 comments:

Melissa said...

These are so so cute! Your friend will love them!

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE THEM!! they turned out soooo CUTE! She is gonna LOVE them!!!

Lee said...

You did a superb job. Just love it!

anya said...

These are great! Isn't stamping on onesies fun? I bet she'll love them!

Karina said...

That cherries one is Soo Cute - how simple and sweet. ADoRabLe!

IamDerby said...

I love these! The cherries are fabulous!

B said...

So cute! :) These turned out so cute!

Kim, kimmy, kimmie said...

Mara,

Hands down the CUTEST thing I have seen you do! Love the story about throwing down gang signs, you have to scrap that somehow. The Westside onesie is great!!!

Joni M said...

Those are so stinkin' CUTE!
She is going to LOVE THOSE!!!

Unknown said...

These are totally adorable!

Sarah said...

Wow, these are so adorable. Great idea!

VanessaB said...

awesome! you should make more and sell them.

Gina said...

Mara I LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!!! I've SOOOOOOO got to make some!!!

beckyjune said...

Those are so incredibly cute!