Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Sunny Day

I want to share a layout I made for a contest over at Serendipity Scrapbooks. It was to create a shaped layout, any shape you wanted. I've seen lots of really fun suns on layouts and decided to make my own. I took a 12x12 piece of cardstock and just freehand cut out a sun shape. I made sure to leave enough room for my one photo and then just cut away!!


I also had to have some stitching, so I stitched over all the sun's rays. I added some clouds and layered them with popdots and stickles!



I used some scraps of Basic Grey Lime Rickey paper from a Color Me Daisy kit for the matting and details. I had so much fun making this layout. I remember the day that photo was taken was such a beautiful day and everyone was in the pool alll day long. Ah...I miss summer already!!

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Dana said...

OMG Mara, that cut out sun is freakin' awesome. At first I thought, "How did she get PP to look like rocks and grass?" LOL Then I saw that it wasn't PP but your LO had holes! So, SO cool. You are a clever chickie!

mustangkayla said...

Too stinkin cool! Seriously, incredible layout!

Lisa said...

Now THAT is a cute LO!!! Too stinkin' cute! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xoxo L

B said...

Oh that's awesome! Love the fun rays!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Super fun page!

Cassie said...

this is the most amazing thing!! your so creative!!

Melissa said...

So cute!

JoanneK said...

This is just fabulous!!! I love it!

VanessaB said...

so awesome and seriously creative!

Lee said...

Oh wow! What a great page.

IamDerby said...

Really cute Mara!

Stacy said...

Great job. Very cool!!!

Serendipity said...

WoW!! The detail that you put into those pages is wonderful!!!

Joni M said...

Look how creative you are!!! That is so stinkin' CUTE! Wonderful layout Mara!!!

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE it!! SO CUTE... SO CREATIVE!!! Great job!!! Good Luck in the contest!

Val said...

Mara, This is amazing. You did a fabulous job on it. You should win hands down!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

WOW! So this isn't on a 12x12 sheet of cardstock? Will you put it on one when you slip it into an album? This is VERY cool and creative! LOVE it!