Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Monday!

I am back from my scrap retreat and what a retreat it was! We had a fantastic time! If you are in the Southern California area, you should definitely check it out. It's called the Scrap Retreat at French Valley. Amazing house, beautifully decorated and decked out for a scrapbooker. The owners gave us the best customer service! We had a great time, even if I only got 10 layouts done. Yes...10 layouts in 4 days. Pretty sad, but I don't really mind! Heehee!!

Here's the scrap room:


The room was so big and we each had a 6 foot table. And there was an ipod docking station and speakers all throughout the ceiling. Awesome! Here is part of our group, doing some pineapple vodka shots on Friday night. Have to stay awake to scrap, right???



On Saturday we threw a surprise baby shower for one of our friends and it was awesome. She was super surprised! My sister and I made this great drink called The Dirty Diaper for the baby shower. It was like a Mudslide (vodka, kahula, bailey's, chocolate liquor) and it was garnished with a little Baby Ruth candy bar. I made a regular chocolate shake for the preggo one!! I got this great photo of all of us after the shower:



I don't have any photos of the layouts I did at the retreat, but I will share something I did right before I left. I am now designing for More Than Scrapbooking, an awesome monthly kit club!! Their September kit is all about the new line Delilah from Bo Bunny. These papers are amazing!! Here are my projects so far with the kit...




The kit includes matching flowers, buttons, and Bo Bunny stamps. You should definitely check it out. Thanks for stopping by...I am sooo behind on visiting all my bloggy friends, but I plan of catching up this week!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Woot Woot!! The retreat rocked!! And I absolutely LOOOOOOOVE that fairy LO. Those girls are way too cute :)

BethieJ said...

Mara it sounds like a GREAT time on your scrappy retreat!! LOVE the LO and card!!!

B said...

Sounds like you had a great time! :) Love the fun card and layout!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a fun time! Love the colors on your page and card--that photo is so precious!

Kim, kimmy, kimmie said...

Mara - so love the layout and the photo is just priceless! Sounds like you had much fun with your girls!

IamDerby said...

Wow that looks like fun! Your fairy layout is so cute!

Karina said...

That house is amazing. How cool. Love the fairies layout, perfect colors for fall.

Kristii said...

Looks like fun!!!!! Wish I was there!!! Love your work as usual!!! You are such an inspiration my friend!!! I just wanted to let you know, that I have resigned my spot at CMD....Just too much going on here at home!! I will miss you and your work tremendously and I will be checking in to see your amazing work!!! Take care!!

Val said...

Looks like fun and sounds like a great time. Great layout and those little t-shirts below are fabulous!

VanessaB said...

what fun it looks like you alll had. and really? 10 Lo's? in 4 days? like that's nothing? i'm lucky to do that many in year. lol! beautiful work!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

That retreat looks way too fun!!

Wow, your layout and card are GORGEOUS!