Saturday, September 15, 2012

Card Kit Club September Reveal

Hi Everyone, Happy Saturday!! After taking a brief hiatus from my card kit club due to life craziness, I am back with our September reveal. Mary sent us a kit this month and it was fabulous! I loved the colors and all the flowers she sent. Here is my first card:


Aren't those flowers so fun? I love all the layers and the circles...so pretty.


For my second card, I did something a little different for me. I created a scene on my card. I'm not very good with the whimsical look but I tried on this card.


I tore paper to create the rolling hills and handcut the pieces of the house. I had to trim the frilly trim a bit to make it work for the house. But I love the texture!! I tried to make the sentiment look funky with uneven cut lines...or maybe I had too many mojitos on my scrapbook retreat and couldn't cut in a straight line. I'll never tell.


Please check out the other girls and what they created with the kit this month. Thanks Mary for the great supplies!!

9 comments:

Joni M said...

Great cards, Mara!
I love what you did with the frilly trim! I tried to use it, but couldn't manage it, lol! I LOVE the whimsical look of the card!

The first card is my favorite though... it has such a rich look! I just loved the colors in this kit!

I hope you have a great weekend!
Stay COOL!

BethieJ said...

Mara both cards are DARLING!!! I love that cute little house you made!!!!
THANKS again for joining our 1st group it has been so FUN!!!
Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!!

Mary said...

Mara! LOVE, LOVE your cards! I am thrilled that you liked the kit too. If you want a picture of the kit it is on my blog. Sorry. I thought I sent it out to everyone back in early August. hahaha

Tracey McNeely said...

Mara gorgeous cards, every detail is so yummy! The red flowers on your first card are just awesome.

Christine said...

Really really love that first card! Nice job girl!

VanessaB said...

such pretty handmade flowers and your scene is absolutely adorable. love that little house. :)

wendipooh13 said...

cute cards!!! LOVE the flowers on the top and the house on the bottom one!!!!

Joyce said...

Great cards, and such a fun kit. Our reveal is tomorrow--can't wait. Isn't this kit idea just so much fun.

Kim said...

OH that little house is delightful!