Friday, September 21, 2012

Momenta Altered Canvas

Happy Happy Friday!! I hope you all had a great week. Momenta recently released covered canvases and I could not wait to get my hands on one. These canvases are covered with patterned paper from some of their collections and comes with a small sheet of chipboard embellishments and bling. I had a great time altering this Kaleidoscope Creative Canvas.


The subtle pink pattern is the original background and then I used the Kaleidoscope pyramid paper pack to create the rest of the details. I hand cut the house and the flowers and banner.


 I used torn paper for the grass and used the flower chipboard embellie as a cute adornment to the roof.



I finished it off with lots of paint smudges, toilet paper roll stamping and random rub-ons!


This was so much fun to make! It was nice just getting messy with paint and not having to worry about straight lines or perfect stamping. I learned alot of these techniques from the She-Art workshop I took with Christy Tomlinson. If you are interested in anything mixed media, I highly recommend her workshops! They are so much fun and you will learn a ton of new techniques.

Hope you have a great Friday and weekend...thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Annette Allen said...

awesome canvas...so fun...love the scene you created..

VanessaB said...

SO AWESOME! looove this! talented lady you! :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Looks like it was a fun project. Your canvas turned out so cute!

Sarah said...

Loooove this! I am going to have to check out those canvasses.....

wendipooh13 said...

this is sooo cute I LOVE everything about it!!! SUPER cool!!!!

Laurel said...

This is amazing!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a great job! This is awesome Mara!!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

So pretty! I love the tp roll paint stamping!

Diane Jaquay said...

omg, this is so stinking CUTE!!!! Gotta PIN this one...