Monday, September 24, 2012

More canvas art

Happy Monday!! It was another hot, sticky, humid weekend here. The humidity is not normal for us and I don't like it one bit. We celebrated my daughter's birthday this weekend with family and friends and had a great time. Now it's back to the regularily scheduled program!!

One other fun thing I did this weekend was check out a new art studio this past Friday night. A few months ago, some girlfriends and I bought groupons for a Girls Night Out at the art studio and finally had time to cash it in. We had such a great time. We were allowed to bring in snacks and wine, which was pretty cool. The woman who owns the place guided us through a painting. Here is my finished product!


We started by adding tissue paper to our canvas using mod podge, which added some great texture. And then she guided us through mixing paint colors, drawing the base of the tree, added a border and more. It was so much fun, I loved the whole process. It was fun to draw out the texture of the tissue paper with some random swiping of paint.


We painted all the circles and then added a border and some color inside. It was fun to see how some people filled their whole tree with circles (that would be me) and other people just had a few. She also showed us how to make leaves and a little black bird, but I didn't think I had room to spare.


This class was SO much fun. We are already planning another night. The owner of the studio was awesome. She told us if we had enough people to reserve the night for just our group, we can choose the theme and she'll show us how to paint it (whatever 'it' may be). Isn't that cool? What a fun girls night out!

I hope you all had a great weekend...enjoy your Monday, friends!

7 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

this is sooo pretty!!!! LOVE how it turned out!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow awesome canvas...great design

Tracey McNeely said...

Mara your canvas is incredible!

Kim said...

OH gosh how amazing does this look!

Joyce said...

This is beautiful. Sounds like you have a super fun group of friends.

Rebecca Keppel said...

It is beautiful and sounds like such a fun night! You cant beat BYOW!

Diane Jaquay said...

So glad you stopped by my blog, Mara, I see that you're doing canvases too. I LOVE this one, love the colors!! I need to start checking out blogs again for ideas (I haven't been looking at many blogs lately, bad me, hee hee)!