Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jillibean Soup Sketch

Hi Everyone! I'm here to share another layout I managed to finish on my scrapbook retreat. It's based off a Jillibean Soup sketch from their Bean Talk blog. I loved all the horizontal lines on this sketch.


I loved them so much...I flipped them and made them vertical lines on my layout. I used the Neopolitan Bean Soup papers, corrugated hearts, and lots of other Jillibean goodies.


Our wonderful neighbor has a 4th of July party every year and these are all the kids from their party 2 years ago. Yes, I'm 2 years behind with my scrapping. I inked up these corrugated hearts with both red and white ink. I love the Jillibean buttons, too!


I cut the end of the paper strips into flags and used 2 different alphabet fonts. I also love how these papers compliment all the 4th of July colors the kids are wearing.


Thanks for the great sketch Jillibean Soup!! Happy Wednesday, everybody!

8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun layout Mara, love the theme and all those corrugated details.

Annette Allen said...

wow great take on the sketch...love those hearts..

Joyce said...

What a fun layout. Only 2 years behind is something to be proud of.

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE it!!! Great sketch.. Love that you flipped it! and such a GREAT photo of the kiddos.. I WISH I was only 2 years behind! ;) I wont even type how far behind I am! HA!
Hope your day is GREAT!

Sarah said...

Ah i love this pic of all the kids!!!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful layout and great group of kids. Congrats on your card in the CARDS magazine. I have the online addition and just saw yours. How fun is that and it's a grate card. I am proud of you… smile.

wendipooh13 said...

ohhh love how you flipped the layers and made pennants!!! super cute!!!!

VanessaB said...

aww! that's so adorable! fabulous lo!