Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies

I love the mint/chocolate combination almost as much as I love the peanut butter/chocolate combo. I could not resist picking up a bag of mint Oreos when I was at the store. I don't even know why I go near the cookie aisle, it turns out the same every time. So instead of just eating the oreos, I make cookies with them. Redundant, maybe...delicious, YES!!


I've made triple chocolate oreo chunk cookies in the past and I used that recipe to start with. I used mint oreos instead of plain and I added just chocolate chips (no white chocolate chips in these cookies).


The bonus ingredient was a cup of chopped Andes Mint pieces. Have you seen those at the store? They are already chopped up and ready to add to any cookie recipe! They were a fantastic addition to these already minty cookies.


Here is the link to the original recipe from the Two Peas in the Pod blog: Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies. I left out the white chips, added Andes Mint pieces and mint Oreos. I think these would be great with the Halloween Oreos out right now. How festive would those be on a fall cookie plate or in a neighbor's Boo Basket?!!

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow--do these look good. I'm with you--chocolate and mint are a match made in heaven.

melody said...

yummy...chocolate and mint!

wendipooh13 said...

yum yum yum!!!!! just sayin!!!!!