Monday, September 10, 2012

Retro Sketches #28

Happy Monday!! I didn't mean to fall off the face of the earth last week. We have been running like crazy since the beginning of school. I think I have a handle on our crazy schedule and I hope to start posting more here on my blog. For starters...I gave Retro Sketch #28 a whirl.


This past weekend I was on a scrapbooking weekend with my girlfriends and loved having this sketch to work off of. Sometimes I need the creative boost of a sketch when scrapping at 2am.


I pretty much followed the sketch exactly except for the addition of the doily. This is new paper from Momenta...it's called Brea's Room and I love it! Momenta also came out with all sorts of great metal embellishments. This frame and camera combo is one of my favorites.


I added some pink twine, a few gems, and a Papertrey Ink sentiment.


My creative time has been so limited lately. It was awesome to get away for the weekend and rekindle my love of pretty paper, baker's twine, doilies, and crafting. I hope you all have a great Monday! Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Laurel said...

Super pretty!

Annette Allen said...

wow that is awesome...love that camera

Tracey McNeely said...

That metal makes the card, just stunning Mara.

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh LOVE the camera and doily!!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun card Mara - love the metal!

Unknown said...

Adorable card, Mara! Love the metal embellishments, l will need to check them out!

Unknown said...

Adorable card, Mara! Love the metal embellishments, l will need to check them out!

Joyce said...

What a fun card. I love those metal embellishments. They are exactly the sort of thing I might buy and then hoard. Kudos to you for actually using them.

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty card!!
Love the metal embellishments!

Marybeth said...

Seems like everyone is super busy this month. Love the card you made how fun to use the camera embellishments like you did. Very pretty. Glad you back on earth.

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE your take on the sketch! That camera is so CUTE!!!!
Hope you had a FABULOUS weekend with your friends!!

VanessaB said...

what a great sketch and i love the embellishments you used! awesome :)

Safdar Ali said...

Stunning card. So creative design.. Designing is so tough job to me. I have worked for the Scratch Cards Printing and designing company and there i have realized that it needs so effort and concentration for nice designing. Your work is too good. I appreciate this.