Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April-A Year In Review

Happy Wednesday!! I have my last My Time Made Easy project to share today. I mixed and matched an older cut file with some new fun products. I am showcasing the Card Candy cut file, which is from an older release. I paired it with some Momenta paper and new April release cut files.


The Card Candy cut file is a fun way to combine a card with a candy box. It's very similar to a candy book. Remember those Life Saver books that used to be available at Christmas time? I used to get one every year in my stocking from Santa! I added a belly band to my candy box for some added interactivity.


I really wanted to showcase this beautiful butterfly that is included in the Bloom Builders set this month. I love all the cut detail. Here is the candy box open. It has a little window for a sneak peek inside the box.


Another versatile cut file available this month is called Corner Slot Foliage. This cut file creates the front of a card with a fold over decorative corner. You could use it as a card front or use it like a card holder, like I did with my card.


I liked using double sided paper so the inside of the folder is one pattern, but when you fold over the corner you get another coordinating pattern. I used the new butterfly cut again to tie the two pieces together. Look at all the detail on the butterfly and the corner cut!


Now get yourself some coffee or a drink...and sit back and enjoy more inspiration from the DT today!


Thanks for coming by this week and seeing the new releases from My Time Made Easy! I hope you enjoyed what you saw!!

14 comments:

Tamika said...

This is so beautiful I love MTME, you ladies tempt me every moth with your gorgeous designs.

VanessaB said...

sooooooooooo beautiful! awesome box of yummy goodness.

mustangkayla said...

How neat! I love those butterflies!

Lori said...

Oh, your candy box and card are wonderful! Love how you used that corner cut file!

Christa said...

Great designs! I like the cards and boxes!

Laurel said...

So pretty!

Joni M said...

I've never seen anything like that corner cut... sooo cute!
The candy card template is great. I had forgotten that I had my eye on that way back when.
Great projects, Mara!

Leah said...

So pretty! Love that butterfly!

Unknown said...

Mara these are simply stunning ,I love your work, I have also seen others blogs the girls in your design team and am now following as all of your work is fantastic .

I have seen some of your recent creations and I adore your style of crafting. I am a bit stuck in a rut with mine and looking for inspiration , I love making my own flowers and you have some stunners on your bolg
well done Hugs Elaine

Angi Barrs said...

Love those gorgeous butterflies. Have a Happy Easter!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I love the way you used these papers--GORGEOUS card and the candy box! AMAZING!

Kim said...

These are just beautiful...I adore the papers and the designs are fabulous!

Michelle H. said...

WOW!! Very pretty!!
Love the box so clever!!
Your cards really love how you designed them!!
I can't believe I missed this post!!

Annette Allen said...

Adorable...love your creativity..