Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cherry Coke Float Cupcakes

I like trying new recipes. I like looking at food blogs and bookmarking recipes and dreaming of the day that I will find all the time in the world to bake all these new recipes. Unfortunately, while i'm dreaming, my to-bake list grows and grows. This recipe has been on that list for quite a while and it was high time I cross it off. Cherry Coke Float Cupcakes...


This cupcake appears to have many parts, and I think that's why it kept getting pushed down on the list: Coke flavored chocolate cake, cherry pie filling, a coca-cola glaze and then a whipped cream frosting. And while this cupcake did take some more effort to put together, the effort was well worth it.


This is the first time I've frosted cupcakes with whipped cream frosting and it was so good. It is very light, not heavy like buttercream (not like that's a bad thing!). It went well with all the other things going on in this cupcake.


Can you see the coca-cola glaze peeking out? After filling the middle of the cupcake with cherry pie filling, this glaze is added over the top. It was a great addition that added some more coke flavor. These were delicious even if they did take some more time to put together. And I'm happy to have tried one more of those to-bake recipes!

For the full recipe, please see the Brown Eyed Baker's blog: Cherry Coke Float Cupcakes.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

3 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

these came out beautifully! they do sound like a lot of work but they look spectacular!

Michelle H. said...

Wow! They look really good! I have never heard of them and we love cheeries and chocolate!
Dh loves cola.
TFS!!

Sue said...

These are so cute, with a cherry on top:)