Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy Saturday!! I hope you are having a great weekend. Our weather today is absolutely gorgeous and I am loving it. It's been nice to relax today with great weather. My husband recently started a new job and things around here have been crazy. I haven't found much time to do any crafting but I did get together with friends last night for a little baking. And we made these goodies...


Yes, they are chocolate chip cookies. But look what is hiding inside!


The cookie dough was wrapped around a rolo, then baked. It adds such a fun caramel touch to the middle of the cookie. I got the idea from the My Baking Addiction food blog. All you have to do is make your favorite cookie dough or even buy your favorite cookie dough at the store. Unwrap the Rolos and freeze for at least 2 hours. Wrap a ball of dough around a frozen Rolo, then free the dough ball for 15 minutes. Bake and enjoy!!

I hope your all having a great weekend. Now that I have our new schedule down, I am hoping to get some crafting in this week. Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Joni M said...

I hope all is going well with your hubby's new job!

I missed seeing your crafty inspiration, Mara. I'm glad to see that you still have time for baking some yummy looking cookies! I hope you can get out and enjoy some of this beautiful weather!

Tracey McNeely said...

They look so yummy Mara!

Mona Pendleton said...

Scrumptious treats Mara! I shudder visiting your blog because I leave craving sweets! :) LOL

BrendaB said...

Those look yummy!

Inkyfingers said...

These look fabulous and thanks for sharing how to make them. Hope you get some crafty time soon!

Michelle H. said...

WOW!! The cookie looks so delicious!! If I was not on a diet I would try them!! LOL!
Glad you are enjoying your beautiful weather!

Samantha Hauzer said...

oh my goodness, they look soooo good!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

MMMM! I have to admit that I'm not a fan of chocolate---but cookies and chocolate...and rolos....double MMMM!!! Thanks for sharing:)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Yummmmmo!!! I'm your newest follower!

Joyce said...

Oh my. I will need to try this. They look really delicious, and I know my girls would go nuts for them. My last attempt at stuffed cookies was a big disaster, but I think I'll be brave and try again.

Rebecca Keppel said...

oh yum!