Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Challenge Card that wasn't...

I really wanted to play this week with the CR84FN color challenge this week. The colors are pink, light blue, and peach and I thought it was a lovely combination. So last night I rummaged through my stash, found some My Mind's Eye paper and started creating. When I was putting the final touches on my card I realized...hey, that's orange NOT peach! How did that happen?? Maybe I was just too tired to see straight.


I bought that flower at the scrap expo I went to in February and it was a pain to work with. I ended up using a whole bunch of glue to get it to stick. But I do love it!


I just bought some toothpicks from Target to make cute little flags with. Look! Cute little flags!!


So there's my challenge card that wasn't. Even if it doesn't fit the challenge I'm happy I got to squeeze in some scrappy time. That's a win in my book.

Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Marybeth said...

Mara this is sooo pretty! The flower looks kinda peach to me, maybe that will work. Love the colors and the bling at the side. That flower looks great on that bow!

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty card Mara, I love that little flower accent and the colours are beautiful.

Laurel said...

A beautiful card!

Joyce said...

Such a fun card. Too bad about the challenge, but I think it's fair to say that we've all been there. I've been known to make a card for a challenge past the date.

Michelle H. said...

Pretty card!! Love the papers you used!
Hope you have a wonderful week!

Esther said...

Super cute :)

BethieJ said...

Mara this is so CUTE! I LOVE those flags.. I gotta hit target this week.. I am gonna have to look for them!! :)
Have a GREAT day!

wendipooh13 said...

ahhh super cute card, love the colors and great flags!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Love all of the pretty elements on your card!

Unknown said...

Adorable card, Mara! And from here it looks peach :)

Rebecca Keppel said...

So pretty! love the bow and little flags!