Friday, April 6, 2012

Peeps In A Jar

Happy Friday!! I have one more fun Easter project to share with you today. I would have shared this earlier but I just assembled them. It's not a new idea but I've always wanted to make them...and this year I finally did.


I started with a wide mouth quart sized mason jar. And then added the ingredients to make Peep Smores in layers:

Bottom: 3/4 cup crushed graham crackers
Middle: 7 peep bunnies around the jar in a ring. Add another ~1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs to fill the hole inbetween the peeps. Pack the graham crackers down tight with a spoon.
Next: 1 1/2 cups Easter M&M's. Pack down.
Top: 1/3 - 1/2 cup brown sugar. Pack down tight!


I also took advantage of my new stamp set from Avocado Arts. I really loved this retro funky chick stamp and used it to create the tag on the jars.


I used paper from the Chloe's Garden paper pad by Momenta. I paper pieced the shell using a different patterned paper on each of the tags. I really love this fun chick stamp!!


The front of the tag is a pocket. I included the instructions for making Peep Smores on the insert inside the pocket.


Instructions:
1. Dump contents of jar into a bowl.
2. Snip peeps into small pieces
3. Melt 1/2 cup butter. Add butter + 1 tsp vanilla to bowl. Mix all ingredients well.
4. Press ingredients into an 8 inch square pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Cut into squares and eat!

There you have it...Peeps In A Jar! My kids and I went all over the neighborhood last night giving these away to friends. We had so much fun! I hope you have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend. I am looking forward to spending it with family and friends. Thanks for stopping by today, Peeps!!

12 comments:

Laurel said...

Absolutely adorable!

Rebecca Keppel said...

How fun! What a perfectly adorable easter gift :)

VanessaB said...

love! such a fun little easter gifty and your tag is absolutely the cutest and i love how you have the instructions to pull out for viewing.

mustangkayla said...

I made these a few years ago and every year I keep saying I'll make them again, yet haven't. Love the tags on yours! So fun!

wendipooh13 said...

oh my gosh that is sooo clever and cute!!! LOVE that!! I'm totally going to have to try it!!

Michelle H. said...

WOW!! Very fun idea!! Never have heard of this kind of smores but such a fun idea and they sound so yummy!!
Love the adorable stamps and love your tags!!
What a sweet gift!!

Sue said...

Your adorable tag takes this to another level:) I love that it's a pocket! So cute! Happy Easter, Mara:)

Terri said...

Great way to package them! Love the tags too.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GET OUT! This is the CUTEST!!! LOVE the contents of your jar--and those tags are AMAZING! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! You rock!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute project Mara! Happy Easter!

Annette Allen said...

Oh my word...how cute...

BethieJ said...

Mara they turned out so CUTE!! I bet the neighbors LOVED them too!!!
Have a GREAT day!